CfP: for SI on Pursuitworthiness in Science
We are soliciting papers for a special issue in Studies of History and Philosophy of Science, Part A, on the topic “Pursuitworthiness in Scientific Inquiry”. The special issue will be co-edited by Dunja Šešelja (TU Eindhoven) and Jamie Shaw (University of Toronto).
- questions about the distinctive epistemic norms operative in the assessment of pursuitworthiness in various scientific disciplines
- formal approaches to the assessment of pursuitworthiness
- the pursuitworthiness of different epistemic units (such as
hypotheses, models, theories, research programs, epistemic objects,
- the role of values in the context of pursuit
- the relevance of traditional accounts of pursuitworthiness in contemporary philosophical debates, etc.