Biennial Call for Special Issue proposals for Centaurus
Centaurus, the official Journal of the European Society for the History of Science, regularly publishes
issues dedicated to a special theme.
The ESHS and the Editorial Board of Centaurus are now soliciting proposals for Special Issues to be
published in 2024 and 2025.
Proposals should include the following:
- A description of the topic and its significance (less than 200 words).
- A short description of (a) the topic’s relationship to the literature; (b) the degree to which the proposal links history of science to other fields of knowledge; (c) the audience that is targeted by the volume; (d) the main innovations of the proposal; (e) why the volume is especially relevant, timely and important (less than 500 words).
- A list of (approximately) 6 to 10 contributors, together with a title and a short paragraph describing each contributor’s individual essay.
- A brief CV of the guest editor(s).
- A schedule of production (time needed for internal review by the guest editors; date of first submission; time for peer review; time for revisions; final version ready).
All topics that fall within the scope of the journal can be chosen. We are especially looking forward to
receiving proposals for interdisciplinary special issues.
Note that Centaurus underwent some major changes in the last year: we changed publisher, became a
fair and equitable Diamond Open Access journal (at no cost for neither readers nor authors) and our
2021 Impact Factor and Scopus CiteScore are (among) the highest in the field. See the website of the
journal at: http://www.eshs.org/centaurus/ and https://www.brepols.net/series/CNT, and follow us on
The committee selecting the special issues will be composed of representatives of the editorial board
and the ESHS. Criteria include the quality, innovative character, relevance, timeliness and interest of
the proposal, the expertise of the guest editor(s), the expertise of the authors, the diversity of the group
of authors (geography, age, gender, etc.), and the coherence and feasibility of the project.
Deadline: proposals should be sent to the Editor (at the address below) no later than January 10, 2023.