SHOT Panel: Technology in France

I realize this is a last-minute item, but I was hoping to submit my paper proposal to SHOT not as an individual paper (virtually guaranteed to be rejected), but as part of a panel.


That being the case, is anyone putting together a session proposal that deals with any aspect of French technology? Technical drawing? Elites?

My paper deals with the teaching of technical drawing in France 1800 to

1848 (about), its use along with writing and arithmetic to award scholarships to a panoply of technical schools, and ability in technical drawing as a gateway to the "elite" (merit-based) positions in the French bureaucracy during the same time period.

Please contact me off-line at: abutrica@earthlink.net Many thanks in advance, Andrew Butrica Andrew J. Butrica MERCURIANS ANTENNA Newsletter P.O. Box 30224 Bethesda, MD 20824-0224 USA mailto:mercurians@earthlink.net%20www.mercurians.org